Welcome to Strange Snail
Strange Snail discovery boxes are lovingly designed by creative mums and educators. Be it finding out about hot air balloons or endangered animals all our kits are jam-packed with high-quality, well-resourced activities.
- Arts and crafts discovery boxes for children aged 4 to 8 years old
- Shop or Subscribe - you choose whether to buy a one-off box or a monthly subscription. You have the reassurance that there’s no sign-up without realising or tie-in.
- Created by a zoologist and a teacher, Strange Snail is our way of sharing our love of science, the natural environment, art and creative crafts - all brought together under inspirational themes in our discovery boxes
- The perfect rainy day, holiday or family activity
- The boxes also offer links to the National Curriculum for those that want to extend the learning
- The best bit? You even use the box!
What's inside a Strange Snail box?
Different themes explored each month
Almost everything we send you becomes part of an activity - even the box itself!
Suggestions for extra activities linked to the box theme using items you will have at home
Unpicking the Curriculum
Details on how the activities link to the National Curriculum
Fun activities using high-quality and interesting materials
Fun and learning
Easy to follow instruction booklets with fun facts
Variety of activities enabling your child to develop new skills and boost their confidence
For the full contents of an example box, see What will I find in my Endangered Animals box?
Need more reasons to join us?
- Addressed to your child - they get the excitement of a surprise parcel every month
- Saves you time - we'll do the research and provide all the ideas, resources and materials for hours of crafty fun
- FREE postage and packaging - no hidden extra costs!
- Grab and go - need some activities for your holiday or at a relative's house? Get a Strange Snail box delivered before you go or send it directly to any address in the UK!
- Making learning fun - craft projects can help children to explore different cultures and ideas encouraging them to think about the world in a new way
“My 6 year old is my chief subscription box tester and really enjoyed this box. He could do each activity with a little help from a grown up and enjoyed the mix of creative fun whilst learning a few new facts too. Sometimes he’ll whizz through the activities in a subscription box but he took his time with this one, enjoying each activity. We would definitely recommend Strange Snail discovery boxes and I like the high educational content.”
Blogger Jenny from The Gingerbread House
"I loved that the box contains everything that you will need for the crafts. The children loved the crafts and had a great time making them. Each of the activities comes with its own instruction card, it tells you exactly what each craft requires and how to do it step by step. It also shows you in pictures so the children can see what needs doing. Both the children found the images easy to follow and just got on with it."
Blogger Mandy from Raising the Rainbows
“My daughter absolutely loved her Strange Snail discovery box and it introduced her to learning about planets and stars in a way that excited and inspired her. Strange Snail offer good solid craft projects which are great fun and which will keep your kids busy for weeks at a time.”
Blogger Bristol Mum
Strange Snail is based in Bristol, UK and we can post our boxes anywhere in the UK with a postal address.